As Windows have an ‘uninstall a program’ interface, Mac OS X offers no such option for you. It is easy to uninstall such applications which have shortcuts or built in system apps etc by dragging them around but uninstalling the apps without shortcuts is difficult for the people.
ITunes is a default Mac OS application that’s why it is not easy to uninstall it. If you wish to uninstall iTunes using the traditional way, it leaves so much behind. Therefore, it is advisable not on how to uninstall iTunes on Mac using the traditional way.
Important Steps to remember
- Make sure to close all the running apps and programs in your device before opting for the process of uninstalling.
- Save the back up of all the purchased items at any other device in a safe place.
- You can take help of CleanMyMac 3.
- Download CleanMyMac 3.
- Double click on the installation file.
- Double click on open CleanMyMac 3 and open the application folder too.
- Follow the given steps to complete the installation process.
- Drag the iTunes symbol to CleanMyMac 3 window. Now drag the iTunes icon on the uninstaller tab and drop.
- Click on the select button of the message you get.
- Now, there is a list of all related files which will be uninstalled along with it.
- Click on the uninstall button given at the bottom. If you get some alert messages, you need to click continue button.
- If it asks for a password to uninstall, you need to provide that too.
- It can take some time to complete the process of uninstalling the iTunes thoroughly.
If you follow the above mentioned steps in a proper way, you can get rid of all the junk files of everything installed on your device.